Dear Juniper Patients,
We have an important update on our current stock levels that we know may be disheartening:
- Our remaining avenue to secure 1mg pens has been abruptly shut down by the main supplier. There is only one manufacturer of Ozempic, and they have not distributed enough to meet demand meaning further, sudden, restrictions.
- The immediate impact is to all patients currently on 1mg, 1.5mg, 2mg or going to 1mg in the next 30 days. Those impacted will not receive 1mg pens for their next order.
- The prescribing team have developed a contingency plan. Their advice is that the best available clinical option for impacted patients is to receive a 0.5mg strength pen for their next order.
- If you wish to discontinue your treatment of Ozempic, please head to the link below.
- If you currently have an order scheduled from the 18th of July to the 23rd of July you will have your order automatically delayed by 7 days, to ensure enough time to thoroughly review the updated prescriber recommendations and confirm a treatment plan.
- Our prescribing team have provided a set of recommendations for how to best manage your weight-loss during this time which are outlined below.
We believe Wegovy (which has the same active ingredient as Ozempic) will become available in the United Kingdom soon. We have an entire team dedicated to sourcing more supply across Europe and will always prioritise existing patients for any 1mg that becomes available. We are working around the clock to secure more supply amidst the shortage.
We recognise the hard work you have put in and we understand this is devastating news. During this period our goal is to provide the best continuation of your weight loss journey. The prescribing team has developed a contingency plan which is their recommendation of the best way to maintain weight loss during this time. They have issued the following letter (summarised below).
We encourage you to follow all or any combination of these recommendations:
Our prescribing team recommend moving to a 0.5mg weekly dose. There are a few reasons for this. Lower dosages will still help with weight management, and for those that plan on continuing to use medication to help, a prolonged pause in treatment (greater than 20 days) would mean restarting at 0.25mg under current clinical guidelines.
Moving down to 0.5mg ensures that you can go directly back up to 1mg (and higher after 4 weeks, where prescribed) without having to start again, as soon as more supply becomes available.
Our prescribing team recommend starting or continuing with a meal replacement regime under the supervision of the Juniper programme. What this looks like in practice is replacing one meal a day with a shake - if you have a preferred shake, please feel free to use this, or ask your health coach for their recommendations.
Juniper has a meal replacement shake available, which we have temporarily reduced in price to give you the best shot at continuing with the least disruption possible to your weight loss journey.
Finally, our prescribing team recommend engagement with your health coach to create an action plan to ensure you don’t lose all of your hard work, you can speak with a health coach. During this change we will continue to support the Juniper community with health coaching regardless of how you decide to proceed, you can access a health coach in the Juniper app.
We know this news is tough and you may have a lot of questions.
- We have put together an FAQ that we think covers the most important issues (see below).
- Our team is available for support and questions here.
- You can download our Juniper App to interact with our Health Coaches here.
- Should you wish to discontinue your treatment please follow this link.
We are devastated to be in this position. Our team is working day and night to give the entire Juniper community the best possible treatment amidst a national shortage.